According to the Government of Canada Report on Fertility, approximately 16%, or one in six couples, experience infertility and the male is the cause of the infertility in up to 50% of the cases. The same report noted that 57,000 couples seek medical help to assist with conception every year.
The effectiveness of PROfortil™ has been proven in five studies1-5 with more than 750 patients. In a controlled study of 205 patients1, for example, PROfortil™ was superior to the control group in improving all key metrics for sperm quality – ejaculatory volume, sperm cell density, progressive motility and normal morphology. More importantly, after three months of treatment with PROfortil™ 26% of couples achieved pregnancy.
In a separate study2, PROfortil™ was given to male patients with subclinical varicocele (an enlargement of the veins within the scrotum, which is a common cause of low sperm production and decreased sperm quality) who had proven infertility for more than two years. Post-treatment evaluation showed an improvement in all male fertility parameters, with pregnancy occurring in 41% of couples.
* PROfortil™ is an innovative product of Lenus Pharma.
- Imhof et al., Improvement of sperm quality after micronutrient supplementation. ESPEN 2011
- Schauer et al., Micronutrients as an alternative to fertility treatment in men with subclinical varicocele. EAU, Abstract, 2010
- Lipovac et. Al., Comparison of the effect of a combination of eight micronutrients vs a standard mono preparation on sperm parameters. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 2016
- Lipovac et al., Increased hyaluronan acid binding ability of spermatozoa indicating a better maturity, morphology, and higher DNA integrity after micronutrient supplementation. EMJ, 2014
- Imhof et al., The use of the nutraceutical PROfertil®a therapy of the male factor. EAU, Abstract, 2010