FlowLabs Web Privacy Statement
Flow Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries, including FlowLabs (collectively “FlowLabs”), is a specialty clinical laboratory. FlowLabs is committed to protecting the privacy of every person who visits the FlowLabs Web site so that each person will feel free to gather information and make inquiries/comments on our site. As part of FlowLabs’s effort to protect the privacy of your personal information while visiting the FlowLabs site, we created this web privacy statement to inform you of the privacy standards used to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information. The following information details how FlowLabs uses information that you provide to us via the FlowLabs Web site and answers commonly asked questions regarding the privacy of your individual information.
What personal information does FlowLabs collect?
FlowLabs does not ask you to provide personal health care information to us through our general Web site. We obtain personally identifying information about you only if you voluntarily choose to provide such information via correspondence and / or online appointment booking with FlowLabs. Feedback forms used in FlowLabs correspondence specifically request that you not include personal information such as user names, passwords, OHIP numbers, and private health information. Correspondence conducted via FlowLabs feedback forms may be stored on a third-party server and then downloaded by FlowLabs personnel.
How does FlowLabs protect the security of your information?
FlowLabs maintains all personal patient data within the FlowLabs information system (IS) firewalls that operate on separate FlowLabs mainframes/servers. The general public may not access these mainframes/servers.
FlowLabs tracks visitors to our Web site by collecting data elements called cookies. Cookies collected from the FlowLabs Web site are used to (1) enable certain functions and tools on this Web site, (2) assist in the navigation of the Web site, (3) Track resources and data used on this site, and (4) remember computer settings. FlowLabs also collects other forms of non-personal information, such as browsers used to access our Web site, search terms used to find the Web Site, and traffic referrals and links to our Web Site. Cookies are not permanently maintained within our tracking system. You may prevent your computer from accepting cookies by modifying the properties on your Web browser; however, stopping your computer from accepting cookies may limit your Web browser’s functionality on the FlowLabs Web site.
FlowLabs uses the services of Google Analytics and WebTrends™ On Demand Analytics software to analyze traffic to the various FlowLabs Web pages. Neither of these programs creates individual profiles for visitors, nor does FlowLabs collect any personally identifying information using these services. Data collected regarding site usage is compiled in aggregate to improve the performance of the site. If you do not wish your information to be included in this aggregated data through Google Analytics, you can download and install Google’s “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” available here. If you do not wish your information to be included in this aggregated data through WebTrends™ On Demand, and can modify the properties on your Web browser to prevent your computer from accepting cookies, as described above.
We may use your personal information within FlowLabs (1) to provide you with the services and products you request, (2) to assist with your questions about our services, billing, payment methods or use of our Web site, (3) to process or collect payments made in connection with our services to you, (4) to evaluate our services and products and to conduct customer surveys, and (5) to communicate to you about new services and products that may be of interest to you. For example, we may send you a post card announcing a new opening of a FlowLabs facility or a new tool available on our Web site.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not give, sell, rent, loan or otherwise disclose any personal information to any third party, unless (1) you have authorized us to do so, (2) we are legally required to do so, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process, and/or (3) it is necessary to do so in order to protect and defend the rights or property of this Web site. For example, with your consent, we may disclose your personal information to a third-party vendor that we engage to mail your test results to you. We contractually require such third-party vendors and contractors to comply with strict standards regarding security and confidentiality.
We also may share aggregate, non-personal information about Web site usage with unaffiliated third parties. This aggregate information does not contain any personal identifiable information about our users.
As a convenience to our site visitors, the FlowLabs Web site may contain links to a number of sites that may provide useful information. Links contained on the FlowLabs Web site that transfer you to a non-FlowLabs site are not maintained by FlowLabs and may contain different information and/or different privacy policies from those of our Company. You may review the privacy policies of these Web sites and/or receive specific information regarding that site’s privacy policies and procedures after leaving the FlowLabs site. FlowLabs is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of a non-FlowLabs Web site. FlowLabs does not control, or have any input into, whether our business partners or Internet-linked sites use or accept cookies on their sites.
Changes to this Web Privacy Statement
By visiting and using the FlowLabs Web site, you are giving your consent to the terms outlined in this FlowLabs Web Privacy Statement.
FlowLabs is committed to the protection of children’s privacy, security, and safety. Our Web sites are created for an adult audience and are not designed or intended to attract children in any way. We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or accept any information from children on this Web site.
How to contact us
FlowLabs welcomes feedback and questions regarding our Web Privacy Statement. If you need further information or have questions regarding this document, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy last updated on : 1/27/2015
Terms and Conditions
2. Disclaimer of Content. This Site provides information about our company, and the products and services offered, including diagnostic health testing and services, data analysis, clinical trials capabilities, and information about various health conditions.
The clinical information contained within the “Physicians” section of this Site is intended for the use of health care professionals. Health care Providers should exercise their own clinical judgment when using our content, tools or databases.
If you are a patient or health care consumer, you should not use information found on this Site to replace a relationship with your physician or other health care professional and should not rely on that information as professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider concerning questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before starting, stopping, or modifying any treatment or medication. In the case of a health emergency, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel. Never delay obtaining medical advice or disregard medical advice because of something you have or have not read on this Site.
The information (including, without limitation, advice and recommendations) and services on this Site are intended solely as a general educational aid and are neither medical nor health care advice for any individual problem nor a substitute for medical or other professional advice and services from a qualified health care provider familiar with your medical history. Use of this Site does not create a doctor-patient relationship. No information contained in this Site is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment.
While FlowLabs attempts to keep all the information on this Site up-to-date, medical treatment and knowledge change quickly, and this Site should not be considered error-free or as a comprehensive source of all information on a particular topic. FlowLabs makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of this Site, and assumes no responsibility for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based upon the information and material on this Site. Your use of this Site is subject to the additional disclaimers and caveats that may appear throughout these terms and conditions and the FlowLabs Site. You assume the entire risk of loss in using this Site and materials contained in the Site.
Features and specifications of products or services described or depicted on this Site are subject to change at any time without notice.
3. Copyright, Trademarks and other Intellectual Property. Copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable laws protect the services and materials appearing on this Site. All materials on this Site may be accessed, downloaded or printed for the non-commercial purpose of scientific or educational advancement or within the scope allowable by these terms and conditions. No other use of these materials may be made without express written permission of the operators of FlowLabs. Any unauthorized use of the words or images on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and civil and criminal statutes.
This Site includes material that is derived in whole or in part from materials that are copyrighted, including the format and layout of the Site. The copyrights are owned by FlowLabs, or for licensed content, the content providers.
www.FlowLabs.ca is owned by Flow Holdings Inc. None of the names, trademarks, service marks and logos of FlowLabs appearing on this Site may be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate FlowLabs’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without express written permission of the operators of FlowLabs. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, waiver or otherwise, any license or right of use to any trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the owners and operators of FlowLabs or the third party owner of the trademark, if any. This Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
4. Right to Change Terms and Conditions. FlowLabs may, at any time and from time to time, change these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon posting of the changed terms and conditions on this Site. You agree to review these terms and conditions periodically, and use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
5. Links to Other Sites. This Site may contain third party-owned content (e.g., articles, data feeds, abstracts, etc.) and may also include hypertext links to third party-owned Web sites. We provide such third party content and links as a courtesy to our users. We have no control over any third party-owned Web sites or content referenced, accessed by or available on this Site and, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third party Web sites or content or for the availability of such Web sites. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY ALLEGATION THAT ANY THIRD PARTY-OWNED CONTENT (WHETHER PUBLISHED ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER, WEB SITE) INFRINGES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY INFORMATION OR OPINION CONTAINED ON SUCH THIRD PARTY WEB SITE OR CONTENT. If you link to third party sites from FlowLabs, we encourage you to consult the policy statements and the terms and conditions of each site you visit.
6. Links to This Site. You should not link to this Site, nor use FlowLabs’s name, trademark, logos, or otherwise refer to FlowLabs in any public communications without first obtaining FlowLabs’s advance written consent. Requests to link to this Site or use FlowLabs’s name should be directed to email@example.com.
7. Advertising and Sponsorships. We do not accept paid advertisements or sponsorships on this Site.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability. FLOWLABS AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ACCESS TO THIS SITE MAY BE INTERRUPTED AND INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS MAY NOT BE ERROR-FREE. NONE OF FLOWLABS, ITS SUPPLIERS OR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE; THEY ALSO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE. ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THIS SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED TO YOU ABSENT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
9. Principles for Protecting Personal Information. FlowLabs will treat all information collected from patients or submitted by you or other visitors to this Site as confidential in accordance with its privacy and security practices concerning health-related information. Our Privacy Statement also identifies the information we collect online and the steps we take to protect it.
FlowLabs ten principles for protecting personal information are:
i. Accountability – FlowLabs will designate a person or persons to be accountable for privacy systems.
ii. Purpose – All information collected by FlowLabs will be kept confidential and used only for the purpose for which it was collected.
iii. Consent – Except for data required to be collected by various laws (e.g. Income Tax Act), FlowLabs will commit to gaining consent to collect, use, and/or further disclose personal information.
iv. Limited collection – All information collected by FlowLabs will be specific, relevant, and necessary, and only for the purposes specified.
v. Limited use, disclosure, retention – All information will be limited to the purposes specified, limited in its disclosure, and retained only as long as necessary. FlowLabs may be required to disclose information under court order or subpoena.
vi. Accuracy – FlowLabs will endeavor to keep all information accurate and complete. It is the responsibility of each patient to notify FlowLabs of any changes to their information (name, address etc.) to ensure that it is kept up-to-date.
vii. Safeguards – Any personal information held electronically or manually by FlowLabs is protected by passwords or lock and keys. Only authorized personnel have access to personal information.
viii. Openness – All privacy policies and agreements will be open and clear regarding accountability and rights of access.
Individual Access – All FlowLabs patients will have the right to access and correct errors in their data, subject to security limitations.
ix. Challenging compliance – Any FlowLabs patient may challenge FlowLabs compliance with these privacy x. principles.
10. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless FlowLabs and its suppliers and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors, agents, servants, and representatives of each from any liability, loss, claim, suit, damage, and expense (including reasonable attorneys´ fees and expenses) related to (1) your violation of these terms and conditions and (2) your posting of material to this Site.
11. Severability. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall remain in full force and effect. Any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use held invalid or unenforceable only in part or degree will remain in full force and effect to the extent not held invalid or unenforceable. The parties further agree to replace such invalid or unenforceable provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use with a valid and enforceable provision that will achieve, to the extent possible, the economic, business, and other purposes of such invalid or unenforceable provision.
12. Applicable Law. These terms and conditions and the resolution of any dispute related to these terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario. Any dispute between FlowLabs and you related to these terms and conditions shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario.
This Web Site can be accessed from Canada and other countries worldwide. Since the laws of each Province or country may differ, you agree that the statutes and laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to any principles of conflicts of law, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this Site.
FlowLabs makes no representation that material on this Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing this information from territories where the content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so by their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13. Termination. These terms and conditions are effective unless and until modified as noted above, or terminated, at any time, by FlowLabs. If, in the sole discretion of FlowLabs, you fail to comply with these terms and conditions, FlowLabs may terminate these terms and conditions without notice and deny you access to the Site.
14. Contact Information. FlowLabs is headquartered Oshawa, Ontario.
Flow Health Services Incorporated
117 King Street East, West Wing, Second Floor
Oshawa, ON L1H 1B9
790 Bay Street
Specific questions and comments should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we make every effort to respond to all correspondence within 1 business week, we cannot guarantee a response to every electronic communication.
Policy last updated on: 01/27/2015